Monday, January 2, 2012

Trivia Tuesday: Daver's Top 10 New Year's Trivia

Ok, I do realize that we're already past the New Year's holiday...but the year isn't yet that old. Of course, if you're heading back to the daily grind today, I guess maybe it's already like any other 2011 day. All the more reason to have a little fun on a faux Monday...enjoy!


10.  Under what calendar is New Year's Day observed on January 1st?

9.  What does the old Scottish song, "Auld Lang Syne" mean?

8.  What do people in Italy do on New Year's Day to bring good luck?

7.  What English-language television show is traditionally watched by many Germans on New Years?
   
6.   Statistically, what is stolen most often on New Year's Day than any other day of the year?

5.  What unique tradition do people in Ecuador engage in on New Year's Eve?

4.  What food is traditionally eaten on the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) to represent a sweet new year?

3.  What are the top three cities people travel to celebrate New Year's Eve (in America)?

2.  Why is it considered bad luck by some to eat fowl on New Year's Day?

1.  What food crop, often eaten on New Years by those living in the Southeastern part of the United States, was overlooked by Sherman's troops as they stole and destroyed other crops, leaving an important food source for hungry, surviving Confederate soldiers?



2 comments:

  1. taking guesses again:
    10. Gregorian
    9. old long time?
    8. sweep?
    7. the Times Square ball drop? Except it doesn't now.
    6,5,4. ???
    3. NYC, LA, and ?Chicago?
    2. no idea
    1. was it that horrid stuff that's little balls in a small sac? don't remember the name. . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie,

    You did better than I did when I was reading these questions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to comment!

About Me

My photo
I work for a Community-Based, Not-for-Profit agency. I have worked in the disability field for over twenty-five years. I am the father of two boys, and have been married to my teenage sweet-heart for 23 years. I live and work in the same town where I was born & raised.
Real Time Analytics