Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gas Prices in Marion/Grant County




I don't know how many of my friends and acquaintances are NOT concerned about about the cost to fill up their vehicles, but I'm guessing most folks are very concerned. As some of you may know, I recently bought a new car (just a day or two before the news said gasoline prices are headed to into the $5 price range). I'm now thinking I should've settled for a Prius or some other kind of hybrid. Let me just say I love my car, but not the cost of filling it up every week!

Anyhow, I have lots of thoughts on the costs of gasoline and the politics involved. Watch for future blog posts on this topic....I promise to try to be as non-partisan as possible and put out the facts just as they are.

In the meanwhile, click here for great site that will help you compare prices. We have many gas stations in town that stay competitive and comparable in price, but if you are willing to drive a couple of miles you can find places that are 13 to 16 cents cheaper per gallon. Interesting, to say the least!

Also, here's a cool map that shows how much others are paying for gasoline across the country. Feeling a little stiffed?

http://www.indianagasprices.com/Price_By_County.aspx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment!

About Me

My photo
I work for a Community-Based, Not-for-Profit agency. I have worked in the disability field for over twenty-five years. I am the father of two boys, and have been married to my teenage sweet-heart for 23 years. I live and work in the same town where I was born & raised.
Real Time Analytics