Friday, November 23, 2012

CNS Article, "No Thanks for Thanksgiving"




I came across this article today. Mr. Robert Jensen, a journalism professor at the University of Texas at Austin, says that Thanksgiving is a white supremacists holiday. He proclaims that we should reflect on our original "sin." Jensen comments that Thanksgiving would be better spent if it (and its 'self-indulgent feasting') were replaced "with a National Day of Atonement accompanied by a self-reflective collective fasting."  He later claims that our nation's history makes us the same as Nazi Germany. 

I never cease to be amazed by some members of academia with such obvious leftist bias. And to think that parents have saved their entire careers to send their children off to universities, only to be 'taught' such nonsense. To make wide-sweeping generalizations and promote moral equivalencies such as America is the same as Nazi Germany is not only intellectually dishonest but is reprehensible and disgusting. It also angers me. As some you may know, I make no apologies for my patriotism and undying gratefulness to live in this great land of opportunity we call the United States of America. Call me a naive' traditionalist or whatever other epitaphs that can be pejoratively assigned. I really don't care.

And, yes, I did actually read Mr. Jensen's original article. I wonder if Mr. Jensen has ever read Paul Johnson's book, "A History of the American People." Doubtful, as it would not fit nicely into his presumptive world-view that the globe would be better off without America.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
                                                                                                             ~Ronald Reagan




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment!

About Me

My photo
I work for a Community-Based, Not-for-Profit agency. I have worked in the disability field for over twenty-five years. I am the father of two boys, and have been married to my teenage sweet-heart for 23 years. I live and work in the same town where I was born & raised.
Real Time Analytics